Monday, March 16, 2009

Feeling Low About Leaving


On my last day in BA, I went to the park and graded papers, chatted with a tax professor, scratched her two dogs heads, wandered around the city, and generally wallowed in the glory of a crisping toward autumn day; in my heart I felt a little like this fellow to the left - sad and forlorn about leaving such a robust city and my son for such a long, long time.

Graffitini was in its full glory, and I took many photographs on the other side of Corrientes over by the Science Museum where things got particularly pressing when I hit the back of some warehouses:

After walking and photographing for a long time, I found myself again at the movie theater and bought a ticket for Paris, a film in French with Spanish subtitles, which was a splendid way to end my trip; in fact, I am thinking the Tomas Eloy Martinez's book The Tango Singer would be perfectly filmed in just that genre to depict an unwieldy but evocative Buenos Aires.

On my way back to where Jack lives, I noticed the graffiti wall I'd photographed earlier in the day, but the best part of all was this -

the door was open, and there was a whole other world inside!
And that's my story of the trip to Buenos Aires; look the second time and the door may be open onto a whole other world!

No comments:

Post a Comment